Motivated to learn and educate yourself? Self-learning or autodidacticism is also known as self-education. As it is mentioned by the name self-learning, it means you get an education without the guidance of any specific teacher or through an institute. To learn something out of your course you do not need to hire a professor. The world is evolving at a fast pace so does self-learning through take my class for me
With the number of resources, we have now, is no longer difficult to learn something on your own. There are hundreds of free online courses with the intention to help students in an online class. It is not about any specific subject with a particular curriculum or exams.
Unlike traditional schooling, your self-learning efforts are not judged solely based on how well you do on an exam. With no formal evaluation, self-learning allows you to assess and enhance your knowledge through practical applications. As a result, it becomes all about sheer learning.
Self-learning, in addition to educating students, aids in the development of skills and the enrichment of experiences via practical uses. Here are a few reasons why self-learning is a good idea:
- It helps in the development of individual problem-solving skills.
- Self-learning is free from social stress and anxiety.
- There are no deadlines to complete an assignment.
- No stress to take an exam.
- It’s just an individual with an interest and curiosity to learn something.
- It helps in building a secondary skill.
- Self-learning also gives an edge to the career.
- It is about personal growth and desire so the sense of accomplishment is impeccable.
- A learner has an option to select from any medium. It can be via videos, text, webinars, or critical thinking questions.
Motivated to learn but somehow still confused about how and where to start?
Curiosity is a way to learn anything in life. Desire what you want and keep that per spectrum high on your motivation list. Allow yourself to ask a question without having social pressure. Being generally curious will allow you to learn more with its experience. Make a list of things you want to achieve and ask these questions to yourself.
- Is it necessary to learn?
- Am I learning this for myself or with a different purpose?
- It is an important skill?
- Does it help in your career?
Now you are thinking about why these questions are necessary to start a learning process? Well, it is in human nature when you have no interest in learning something you don’t achieve what you are looking for. Less information with additional pressure does not make a room for new information in the brain. In most cases, an individual starts cramming which serves no purpose in lifelong learning or building a skill. If you are curious you ask relevant questions that get you through the course.
Table of Content
Set realistic learning goals
Now you must be thinking goals are realistic so that a person can achieve them. But trust me when I tell you most people do not set any realistic goals towards life or in learning. With the pressure of getting away with things or achieving real quickly, people start to build unrealistic goals. Make sure to set realistic learning goals that are achievable. Goals help you build in focus and improve productivity. The purpose of learning is the main driving force of motivation. So, make it concise and clear.
Evaluate learning resources
Learning resources are the crucial step in any self-learning process. As an individual learner, it is important to cross-check the authenticity of the material. Even the platform you are learning from should speak for its credibility.
Here is a list of things that will help you access your resources;
- Make sure everything is in order. Due to the abundance of misleading information on the internet, be wary of outdated or wrong information. Check references and question every piece of information you come across during
- Make use of academic databases with peer review, such as Google Scholar, and scientific journals with suitable citations.
- Make use of learning platforms that are available online.
- For example, if you’re taking a self-learning software or tool course, you can always go back and see if the tool has been updated.
Engage in process
When you are self-learning without any supervisor it is difficult to keep a track of your progress. In order to achieve that set a schedule. It helps in engaging your approach to the learning process. Dedicate specific types of criteria to examine progress by attempting quizzes, tests, or any other type of examination.
Implement what you’ve learned
To make the best use of knowledge implement what you have learned. Apply theoretical knowledge into practical life. Application of what you have learned to help you gain experience in self-learning. Exercise your skills in online platforms, they will come in handy in near future.
Collaborate with a community of learners
One of the best things about online forums is that you can meet people from all around the world who share your interests and learning goals. Collaborative learning is a fun way to learn. The following are some of the advantages of sharing with other students:
- You would have more access to resources that you might not know earlier.
- A different set of opinions and perspectives towards learning. It will develop more interest and curiosity about the topic.
- Share of knowledge with no intention of getting back is the best thing about community learners.
Share your knowledge
This will be your responsibility to give back to the community. From the start to the end, your journey of self-growth and learning will be given through take my class for me. You will be focusing and getting a greater knowledge of the subject, as well as the capacity to retain the information when you try to convey a concept to someone. It will also assist you in viewing what you learn from various perspectives, as used in collaborative learning.
This is a fantastic component of self-study. A teacher can be anyone, and a learner can be anyone. It is a widely held concept that knowledge improves as it is shared with others. It is highly advised that you share your views and information in communities, organizations, and forums to get closer to the traditional learning environment.
To conclude all of this one sentence I would say; have a curiosity to learn something new. Be clear of what you want, when you want, and the desired outcome you want with the learning. Self-learning is a process of self-growth and an individual is not dependent on any other person for that.