Let’s take a look at the differences in OST in comparison to PST files. Microsoft Outlook, a popular email client, is a part of Microsoft Office Suite. There were two formats for files employed to store all information needed by this email application.
This format, known as the Offline Storage Table (OST) is a shorthand term for the entire information. It is crucial to save Microsoft Exchange mailbox information in offline folders. This lets users check their mailboxes when Exchange is not working.
Any changes that are made can be made using the offline Exchange (cached Exchange) and transferred on Exchange’s Exchange server. It is possible that the Exchange server will update the file automatically after the Exchange connection is established. Users are also able work offline with the OST file.
PST represents the Personal Storage Table. It is automatically created when the new Outlook profile is made. The data file is an exact duplicate of Outlook information items, such as calendars, contacts, and emails. It is saved on the user’s discretion. PST is a data storage file which can be used for any purpose and not only one that’s been saved.
There are two manual ways and one professional approach. In manual techniques, we will be the use MS Outlook application. The other method that IT professionals recommend is OST to PST Converter. But first, let’s look at why you would want to convert an OST file to a PST file.
Why User’s Need to Export OST File
- Exchange mailboxes are deleted off the servers in tiny amount.
- Users need to backup their Exchange mailboxes.
- An Exchange user attempts to restore the OST file, however they has unsalvaged data.
- If OST files get large and large, the conversion to OST to PST will help to protect files from corruption.
There are a variety of alternatives available to users changing OST data to PST. The users can use one Exchange profile for logging into Outlook. There are a variety of manual methods that are available to convert a format to another format.
Some Manual Techniques to Convert OST to PST Manually
It is necessary to understand the method to change the OST format file into Outlook for the purpose of transferring to Outlook. To export an OST mailboxes from Outlook follow the instructions in this section.
#1 Export mailbox details to PST
This method requires Outlook is installed on your computer and connected to Exchange. If that is the case then the user will find it simple to export the PST file to Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook. Choose “File” within the upper left corner.
- Click on the open and export menu, then select Import/Export from the menu dropdown.
- There will be an additional window. Click Next to proceed with the procedure.
- Then, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and then press Next.
- Select Next to choose the folder you would like to export.
- Find the folder where you want to store the PST file. Select the correct option to duplicate the items. Select Finish to finish the procedure.
Your new Outlook PST file will be stored in the location you’ve specified. This will let you transfer information to the OST file to the newly generated PST.
#2 Archive Method to Export OST
These Archive settings permit users to transfer OST mailboxes to a different PST folder within the system. It lets users keep the size of the mailbox and save all previous data mailboxes in archives folders.
- You can open Microsoft Outlook on your computer to begin.
- Go to the File menu, then select Option in the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab, then choose AutoArchive Settings from dropdown menu.
- You can select the duration that the auto-archive process will be running for. You can also decide where the archived file needs to be kept.
- Choose alternative settings for archiving to continue, and then press OK.
- The entire data item is immediately saved to Outlook in PST files in a matter of seconds, depending on the settings you have set for archiving.
Users are able to transfer OST information, excluding contacts, through this archive settings method.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- Manual solutions can be time-consuming as well as insecure and expensive.
- The technical expertise is required to ensure the correct solution.
- Data loss can happen in the course of transferring.
- Human error is becoming more frequent.
- Due to limitations on file size Due to file size limitations, exporting OST mailbox information can be limited.
Professional Method For Convert OST to PST File
To resolve all of these issues it is essential to select a trustworthy solution for instance, using the OST conversion to PST Conversion. The whole process is easy and error-free using a safe solution.
The software lets users convert OST files into PST formats without losing information. This program is an excellent solution for converting OST files to Outlook PST format without losing any information.
It provides a safe and secure method to export Outlook OST files offline by keeping all email messages in these folders. The software also ensures the email content is in good condition. It’s a simple and error-free tool to convert OST in PST.
This article will discuss a variety of ways to export OST information from mailboxes to Outlook PST format. These options can be utilized for saving OST information items for mailboxes in PST format for Outlook. It is also possible to employ manual backup methods for saving OST mailbox information in PST format. Manually converting OST information to Outlook could be risky and should not be done. It is suggested that you employ a professional approach in order to convert OST data to Outlook. It is suggested that you employ a professional approach in order to transfer OST File into PST.