The Directorate of Education (DoE) has released a document on the Non-Plan Admissions Scheme for parents seeking to currently enrol their child in class 11 in government schools in Delhi. This strategy might be helpful to those afflicted by the epidemic, even though it is late given the typical admissions period.
Students who attended private schools until Class 10 may apply for admission to Delhi Government schools under these non-plan admissions. Those who have finished Class 10 from a recognized private school in Delhi will be given preference while choosing schools, followed by students who have completed it from a recognized private school in another state.
Online registration for admissions is currently open for the second cycle. Registrations for this cycle can still be made online from August 17, 2022, to August 25, 2022, the assigned seats will be on display. Between September 2 and September 9, 2022, the chosen applicants can submit their documentation to the designated school for verification.
Important Dates for Delhi Government School Class 11 Admission 2022-23
Below-mentioned are the scheduled dates for the Delhi Government School Admission for Class 11 (2022-23)
Academic Criteria for Non-Plan Admissions: Students declared passed in the Secondary School Examination will be considered for admission in any stream of Class XI subject to the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must meet certain mark requirements in order to be eligible for the Science and Commerce streams. For entrance, they must have a Class 10 average of 55%, with 50% in English, 50% in Science, and 50% in Mathematics for the Science stream with math and 40% in math for the Science stream without math.
- A 50% overall score is required for commerce, with a minimum of 45% in social science, 45% in English (or Hindi for commerce without math), and 50% in math for commerce with math.
- In any topic, there are relaxations of 5% for students from reserved groups.
- A applicant must meet the standard age requirement of 15 years old but not older than 17 years. However, in cases of “disruption of studies owing to the death of either of the parents, protracted illness of either of the parents/child or any trauma experienced by the student,” a student may receive an age relaxation.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in any one of the three subjects mentioned above for admission in a particular stream is to be given in respect of candidates belonging to the categories SCISTI Minorities/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/Kashmiri Migrants & those students having 1/11/111 position in National Games.
- For Specially Abled Students, relaxation of 5% marks in all subjects mentioned for admission in the particular stream is to be given. Students who have passed their Secondary Examination (Class X) directly from NIOS with 55% marks or above in aggregate of 5 main subjects are eligible for admission in Humanities without Skill Subjects & with 50 % marks or above in aggregate of 5 main subjects are eligible for admission in Humanities with Skill Subjects.
Age Requirements for Class XI Admission
The age requirements for students seeking admission to Class 11 for the school year 2022–2023 are as follows:
- Class Age Requirements as of 31 March 2022 (without any modifications) XI
- Students must be at least 15 but not older than 17 years old.
- Students who have completed class X from any reputable school or board and taken a gap year are eligible for age relaxation of one year at the level of HoS.
- For Divyang applicants, age relaxation of 6 months in the lower age range and 4 years in the higher age range is also permitted at the level of HoS.
However, additional age relaxation of up to 1 year to students who have passed class X from any recognized board and have no gap year while age relaxation of up to 6 months to other students may be provided at the level of Heads of the Schools.
Further, the regular students who have passed previous class during 2021-22 from any Recognised Unaided Schools of Directorate of Education or local bodies of Delhi and have a valid SLC & mark sheet, will be exempted from applicability of age-appropriate criteria like an admission of students of feeder schools under Plan Admissions.
How to Apply For Admission?
Through the Delhi School Admission Site, students from all areas of Delhi can apply online for Delhi Govt. Non-Plan Admission Form 2022–23. To apply online for www.edudel.nic.in Admission Form 2022–23 in a simpler way, please follow the steps below.
You can fill out the application on a smartphone as well.
- Parents looking for admission can apply using the link “Govt. School Admissions” on the home page of the government portal www.edudel.nic.in.
- Now The Delhi Government Non-Plan Admission Form 2022–23 link should be clicked.
- From there, a PDF with all the information will open. Read the Eligibility and Due Date.
- Tap the Apply Now button.
- The Application Form for Admission will open in a separate tab.
- Add all the information requested.
- Upload the scanned papers on your computer.
- Simply select Register.
- Online payment is accepted for the online admission registration fees.
- Take a physical copy of the programme so you can use it later.
The closest schools should be carefully chosen by applicants because they will be given preference and may be assigned to the child based on seat availability.
Two steps registration process
- The initial stage of the registration procedure requires candidates to input general information. A Login ID and password for the applicant will be generated upon submission of the general information. The Login ID and Password should be noted by applicants because they will be needed in the second step of registration to complete the online registration.
- After logging in with the Login ID mentioned above, candidates must upload the Mark Sheet from the previous class and provide information about the subject(s) studied, the marks earned on the prior exam, and other details during the second step of the registration procedure.
- After the second phase of the registration procedure is finished, the applicant will get the Registration Number through SMS at the registered mobile number.
Documents Needed for Class 11 Admission in Delhi Government Schools
The required paperwork and information will be the same as what is needed to apply to any other institution. The official publication states that the following information must be provided on the form:
- Recent Passport size photographs etc.
- Date of Birth certificate: SLC from the last recognized school attended,
- Passed the previous class Grade Report
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC) (if applicable)
- Documentation of any Disability (in case of Divyang Student)
Any of the subsequent forms of residence proof
- Child’s Aadhaar Card/Parents
- Bank Child’s Passbook with Parents’ Voter Id Cards
- Electricity bill, MTNL phone bill, BPL water bill, parent’s ration card with the child’s name, etc.
- The parents’ licence to drive
- Child’s passport/Parents
- Domicile Certificate for Parents and Children
Parents are advised to erase the application form and complete a fresh one if any problems are found.
Parents must record the registration number after completing the application process or print out the registration form for their convenience.
Need Assistance with Admissions?
Questions about admission will be answered according to the timings listed below by school level:
- Morning shift schools are open from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Evening Shift Schools are open from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Parents can visit the Help Desk at any nearby school if they have questions about the form. Parents can also call 1800116888 or 1058 if they have any questions.
If you want more detailed information, you can refer to the circular released by Delhi Government.
Author Bio – Arshika Tiwari, is one of the best content writers we have at Ezyschooling. She has 3+ years of experience in educational content writing – Ezyschooling is a technologically driven admission platform that bridges the gap between parents seeking admission to day schools & boarding schools in India. We are making admission easy for parents, hence making their life stress-free.