If you don’t know how to reduce PDF file size, you may find that they are unusually enormous, making them difficult to manage and communicate over email or other platforms. There are a few simple applications and apps that may assist you Shrink pdf online.
These programmes and utilities can work with both ordinary and encrypted (password-protected) PDF files. Furthermore, the techniques we’ll teach you reduce the size of a PDF without losing quality. So, without further ado, let’s have a look at how to compress a PDF file without compromising quality.
Table of Content
Shrink pdf online is an excellent conversion tool for the conversion of pdf files without affecting the document quality.
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader
You don’t need any other apps or programmes if you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. The application features a tool called PDF Optimiser, which helps you to remove excess fat from PDF files.
- To Shrink pdf file in Adobe Acrobat, open the file in Acrobat, choose ‘Tools,’ and then pick ‘PDF Optimiser’ from the drop-down menu.
- Just above the PDF, a toolbar with a few choices will display; pick the ‘Reduce File Size’ option here.
- Acrobat will then utilise the default settings to try to reduce the size of your file.
- The ‘Advanced Optimisation’ option includes controls for image quality, fonts, transparency, and other parameters.
Furthermore, in the Advanced Optimisation box, click on the ‘Audit Space Usage’ button in the top-left corner to see how much space each type of element takes up inside the file.
PDF size reducer is a great tool to reduce pdf size.
2. DocuPub (Document Publishing)
DocuPub is a good alternative to SmallPDF for reducing the size of PDF files in the browser. The system enables you to directly resize and rescale PDF file settings. The main drawback is that DocuPub has a file upload limit of only 24MB.
- The procedure for uploading a PDF file to DocuPub is the same as it is for SmallPDF: browse to the website and choose the file you want to post.
- Then, modify the resize/rescale parameters and select the ‘Upload & Resize’ option.
- The PDF file will be resized, and you may download and store it on your computer from the next screen.
It is recommended to use a pdf compressor to compress a pdf file.
3. Free PDF Compressor 4Dots
PDF files may also be compressed and made smaller on a Windows laptop using a variety of third-party software, one of which is 4dots Free Shrink pdf online. It is completely free and does not necessitate any technological skills. You only need to complete the following:
- Install 4dots Free PDF Compress on your Windows 10 laptop or PC.
- Open the programme and select Add file to add the PDF file to be compressed.
- You have the option of adjusting the image quality.
- When you’re finished, click ‘Shrink pdf,’ and you’re done. After that, the compressed PDF file will be saved locally on your Windows 10 machine.
This Shrink pdf application can also compress multiple PDF files at the same time.