VPNs are a dime a dozen these days. There are tons of them on the market, all vying for your attention with promises of better security, faster speeds, and more privacy. But not all VPNs are created equal. In fact, some of them are downright terrible. ProtonVPN is one of the good ones. It’s a secure, fast, and reliable VPN that has won accolades from some of the biggest names in the tech industry. But if for some reason you need to uninstall ProtonVPN from your Mac or delete your Proton account, here’s how you can do it.
Table of Content
What is ProtonVPN?
ProtonVPN is a free and open-source virtual private network service that provides end-to-end encryption for user traffic. It was created by the Swiss nonprofit organization ProtonMail. ProtonVPN is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
ProtonVPN has a strict no-logs policy, meaning that it does not track or store any user data. This makes it an ideal VPN solution for privacy-conscious users. ProtonVPN is also one of the few VPN providers that offer a free plan with unlimited data and bandwidth.
In addition to its free plan, ProtonVPN offers three paid plans: Basic, Plus, and Visionary. The paid plans offer additional features such as higher speeds, more server locations, and access to ProtonMail Visionary accounts.
How to Uninstall ProtonVPN on Mac?
If you’re using a Mac and you want to uninstall ProtonVPN, there are a few different ways you can do it. One way is to use the built-in “Uninstaller” tool on your Mac. Another way is to manually delete the ProtonVPN files from your computer.
- Open the “Uninstaller” tool on your Mac.
- Select “ProtonVPN” from the list of installed applications.
- Click the “Uninstall” button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
Manually Deleting ProtonVPN Files:
- Quit ProtonVPN if it’s running.
- Go to the “Applications” folder on your Mac and find the ProtonVPN application.
- Right-click on the application and select “Move to Trash”.
How to Delete Your Proton Account
If you’re using ProtonVPN on your Mac and you want to delete your account for any reason, follow the steps below. Note that this will also uninstall the ProtonVPN app from your Mac.
- Log into your Proton account at https://account.protonvpn.com
- Click on the “Security” tab
- To access the “Delete Account” section, scroll down.
- Once more entering your password for verification, select “Delete my account” from the menu.
Your Proton account will now be deleted and you will no longer be able to use the ProtonVPN app on your Mac.
Alternatives to ProtonVPN
There are a number of alternative VPN providers available that offer similar or better features than ProtonVPN. Some of the more popular options include:
- NordVPN: Offers military-grade encryption and is one of the most affordable VPN providers. It also provides the NordVPN 2 years offers with a huge saving of money in your wallet.
- ExpressVPN: Another affordable provider that offers excellent security features.
- CyberGhost: A great option for those who want a simple and easy-to-use VPN service. Get CyberGhost VPN because it is also known as the best VPN for BGMI to play at the lowest ping and balanced networks.
- IPVanish: One of the fastest-growing VPN providers, offering excellent speeds and security features.
How do I completely remove Proton VPN?
ProtonVPN is a virtual private network service provider. It allows users to connect to the internet privately through a secure tunnel. The company is based in Switzerland and was founded in 2014. ProtonVPN offers both free and paid plans.
If you’re looking to uninstall ProtonVPN from your Mac computer and delete your Proton account, here’s a complete guide on how to do it.
First, open up the ProtonVPN app on your Mac and click on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner. Then, click on “Settings”.
Click “Account” in the Settings menu by scrolling downward.
At the bottom of the Account page, you’ll see an option that says “Delete Account”. Click on that.
A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete your account. Click on “Yes” to confirm.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully uninstalled ProtonVPN from your Mac and deleted your Proton account.
In this blog, we have seen how to uninstall ProtonVPN on Mac and delete the Proton account. We have also looked at some of the pros and cons of using ProtonVPN. Overall, ProtonVPN is a good VPN service. It has many functions and is simple to use. However, it is not perfect. There are some downsides, such as the lack of 24/7 customer support and the need for a subscription to use all features. If you are looking for a VPN for Mac, then ProtonVPN is a good option. However, if you want a perfect VPN solution, then there are other options available.